Monday, January 26, 2015

Music Discovery Mondays - First Edition



The clouds are gray, and a blizzard is expected to hit the Northeast.  I can't think of a better time to begin a new blog series than now.  Whether you are buried underneath projects at work, or buried at home due to weather woes, now is the time to discover your new favorite tunes.

As I have stated in previous blog posts, with so many exceptional new artists and media outlets, it is difficult to know which musical source to unearth.  Relax, I will do all the work and play the role as your musical curator.  Each month, I will provide you with either new or noteworthy tracks to help you navigate your musical journey.  So let's begin now, shall we?


1.  Duvan - Amason

Amason is a Sweedish indie powerhouse of sorts.  Gustauv Ejstes (Dunjan), Amanda Bergman (Idiot Wind) and Pontus Winnberg (from Miike Snow) all collaborate to produce such a cool and collected single and album.  Stream this polished album on NPR while it is still available.





 2.  Tropic of Cancer - Panda Bear

Noah Lennox of Animal Collective fame has returned with his fifth (!) solo album under the moniker Panda Bear.

Panda Bear fans can expect to hear the same neo-psychedelia atmospheric sounds as featured in this luscious track and his previous work.  (Whereas, within the remainder of the album, Noah Lennox cites mostly 1990s hip hop artists as influences.)





 3.  10,000 Emerald Pools - Borns

Sink into this wondrous gem from Michigan born/L.A. based artist Borns (Garret Borns).   Born's debut will float in your head day after day.  (For better, not worse.)  


4 comments:

  1. Number 1 is mesmerizing (video and song).

    The third one is catchy...I could see driving to it on a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...you could drive to it on a sunny day....or better yet, spin it at a pool party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded more from Borns. I really like em! Seeing Stars has made me a dancing fool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't yet listened to the rest of their singles, but I checked out Seeing Stars after your comment. Definitely tapping my feet to it.

      Delete