Tuesday, April 5, 2016

In God's Country - A Trip to Joshua Tree National Park



A month ago, I was finally able to cross off 'Joshua Tree National Park' from my bucket list.  Perhaps part of the inspiration for the trek was U2's 1987 critically acclaimed album titled none other than "The Joshua Tree."  I have included lyrics from their "The Joshua Tree" album below to showcase our relationship with desert life...and perhaps life in general.    





Desert sky
Dream beneath a desert sky 
The rivers run but soon run dry
We need new dreams tonight

"In God's Country"





In the locust wind
Comes a rattle and a hum

"Bullet The Blue Sky"






Night hangs like a prisoner  
Stretched over black and blue
Hear their heartbeat
We hear their heartbeat

"Mothers of the Disappeared"




My lips were dry, throat like rust
You gave me shelter from the heat and dust

"Trip Through Your Wires"





We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill
As the day begs the night for mercy

"One Tree Hill"





I'll show you a place high on a desert plain 
Where the streets have no name

"Where the Streets Have No Name"

4 comments:

  1. We are headed to Joshua this month. I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it! Especially now that the desert flowers are in bloom.

      Delete
  2. Deserts can be so weirdly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete