Thursday, March 26, 2015

Top 5 Benefits of Blogging




Not everyone opts to become a blogger unless they can see instant results and consistent clicks.  Truth of the matter is, there are numerous reasons most anyone can benefit from starting a blog.  (Not all of them rely on your blog going viral...although that would be nice, wouldn't it?)  Whether you should keep your blog private or public, consider the advantageous personal gains you may reap from starting (or continuing) a blog.


1.  You Will Become a Better Writer

No one improves or hones their craft overnight.  Even if you aren't looking into becoming the next Charles Dickens, you can still make tremendous strides in your writing skills.  It shouldn't matter if you aspire to become a literary figure or not.  Sharp writing skills are pertinent amongst a competitive job market.


2.  Blogging Allows You To Tap into Your Subconscious Mind

Having found an old journal of mine in my closet recently, I was able to comprehend what was truly important to me over ten years ago.  What I chose to write represented thoughts that I urgently needed to reveal to myself.  Blogging is no different, except that unlike a personal journal, you have the capability to publicize these private (or not so private) thoughts.


3.  You Learn How to Become Vulnernable

For some of us, it's extremely daunting sharing intimate thoughts with the rest of the world.  I find that even to this day, I still choose to hold back before selecting the "Publish" button.  Still, it's those rare moments in which you don't hold back that you learn to connect with yourself and others.


4.  You Will Become Better Informed

When you decide to pen a particular blog post topic, you must then become an expert in your field or niche.  By reviewing the news and other authoritative sources, you are gradually becoming a better informed and well read individual.


5.  Meet Folks From Around the World

Should you choose to keep your blog public, consider all of the modern day pen pal types you could befriend.  Even if you don't engage with your various readers, it is fascinating when you look at your blog's statistics and find that readers are stumbling upon your blog worldwide.   It is usually a reminder that our biggest fears and aspirations are more universal than we oftentimes realize.


What personal gains have you developed from blogging?

2 comments:

  1. Yes to all. I started my blog to practice writing for a class...and then kept it for 10 years! Clearly I am addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that to be extremely inspirational! (Especially considering most bloggers quit after a mere three months.)

    ReplyDelete